movieswelcome

Welcome!!!




Friday, August 26, 2011

Interview with Nikos Goudanakis!!:)







The actor-director Nick Goudanakis I gave me a mini interview on the course of his career, the play''The conventionally lies''and his future plans!


-I would like you tell me a few words about your artistic life within and outside Greece.
I am sharing between Greece and Germany and Italy, having in recent years leave any activity in Greece, and concentrated mainly abroad. Apart from my activities as an actor, I translate plays and teaching theater. Lately the center of my interest is the teaching of ancient Greek drama to foreign actors, and the effort to communicate these actors from different theatrical traditions, the texts of ancient Greek dramatists (at least as they have reached today) . This year I am going to teach drama in ancient Italian students and actors, with the hope that they would discover new ways and alternative forms of expression,maintaining the content and substance of these works. In Greece I have to appear artistically from 2007 when I directed in Athens "The treaty in lies." But I maintain my contact with my country because i write articles, always more on art.




-Which is the place  you prefer more?
It's hard when you're in a creative way that even go forward, to pick out something.
The two major stations are  Germany and Italy. In the theater of Germany i learned the discipline and consistency and  I can give what we have in the worst day. I also learned to carve ''clear lines'' in playing and directing, which was taught mostly by my director, Kostas Papakostopoulos, distinguished champion breeder in Germany. After in Italy, Commedia Dell' Arte, a technique that I studied is theater near maestra Claudia Contin, at a time. In Italy I learned to trust more fun to create, not to overwhelm  my colleagues and also to keep my best effort  for the end. In this period i studied a new method next to Dr. Alschitz in order to excite the poetic mood on stage. I don't think that one area or style make the difference, because everything comes to complete  the ''frame'' that you make as an artist and create your own personality.


-It is well known in the art premises the interesting point  that you gave with your artistic work in the show''The conventionally lies''by Jean Cocteau .Talk us about it.
''The conventionally lies in a project created as marrying two monologues. Of" More possible "by August Strindberg, and" Liar "by Cocteau. ¨ It was a wonderful experience, played at the Theatre of the New World, and I thank VangelisTheodoropoulos giving me the opportunity to present my work in such an intimate space and artistes. Keeping a distance of 4 years now, I would say that it was, besides creating two monologues into a dialogue with reasonable treatment, a presentation of "More possible "annotated by" Liar "by Jean Cocteau. My concerns were around the woman, and how it takes different roles in life, and even deeper if the female artist who lives in a fantasy world, lives a life more true from the woman who refuses the imagination for reality. Could you tell me , why woman do men doesn't live the same?Ι will tell you that  it was a matter of personal sensitivity and debt obverse in that I love: The woman in every appearance.I followed ''geometric direction'', lines close to Expressionism, in my approach. We played with the man and his reflection, using mirrors on stage. Audience and criticism greeted us warmly and positively, which made happy me and my colleagues. I would describe this work as a personal apology of an artist about the lies, but it is truer than conventional everyday. As Vokakios tells ''In ten days'' a history, "the lie is an end in itself, not the middle." Instead  of  the life and the society, the lie is obscene because it means. "The Liar" by Cocteau is not a sick, or crook, but a man who defenses against the vulgarity. He doesn't want to tell lies, like the artist wouldn't  be an artist, but a quiet man with no fears and anxieties. But this isn't always feasible, so the maze of false makes us prisoners. But if tomorrow i present something in Greece, it will be with  a different style. Since then, I went through many aesthetic schools.



-In recent years, you are on abroad.Tell us a few words about the work you have done.           After a long career in theater in Cologne and other German cities, i decided to acknowledge the Italian theater.I started in 2008-2009 do comedy del Arteta playing the role of Balanzone, especially in Bolognese dialect. Later, I met the director Bruna Braidotti, and author Massimiliano Santarosa, with whom we did the "Storie dal fondo", a show that lasted up to this winter, and maybe go below. A biography recounts work in a working-class district in the province of northwestern Italy, and calls Triveneto. There I had the role of a neo-Nazi skinheads, a country man who finds an outlet in violence and intolerance.I also participated in several performances in Italy, and i continued to be a member of the DGT Cologne, which is engaged in research on ancient drama.At the same time writing articles, as I said, I teach actors. Currently I am in San Vito Al Tagliamento, which takes place an international meeting of theatrical research under the direction of Dr. Jurij Alschitz, and the support of UNESCO, on the stage survey of short stories by Chekhov. We are artists from around the world, and present our work and exercise in new forms and methods.






-What are your future plans??
For the winter  i will teach  Ancient Drama and i am going to work on a concept that combines Italian Renaissance tradition of the Greek classic, and we want to present. I intend to use some Greek actors in an  intercourse on stage....I think that it will work!




-And finally what is your favorite Hollywood film??
My favorite Hollywood movie is ''The Godfather'' of F. F. Coppola. To my mind this film i like so much for the perfection of interpretations.

Thank you.

-Thank you so much Mr.Goudanakis about your concise answers!


No comments:

Post a Comment