movieswelcome

Welcome!!!




Friday, November 30, 2012

Ben Affleck is EW's Entertainer of the Year .

Ben Affleck: Καλλιτέχνης της χρονιάς από το Entertainment Weekly

Somewhere between the heartwarming 1997 drama "Good Will Hunting" and this year's critical darling "Argo," Ben Affleck went from Oscar winning "It" boy to Hollywood's prime punching bag to Entertainment Weekly's "Entertainer of the Year." 
It's a fitting title for Affleck, who directed and starred in one of the most well received films of the year. In an interview with the outlet, the actor said that he did not anticipate the film's success, but knew on a personal level that the gripping drama was a project that he could be proud of.  
“I had very low expectations for 'Argo's' performance,” Affleck said. “I just hoped that over time people would find the movie. Also, being at a place in my life and my career where I know what I’m trying to do, it’s different than being 26. When you’re younger and have the early success that I had — it sounds like the worst Hallmark cliche — but I didn’t have anyone to share it with. I don’t mean I wanted someone to sit by the fire with. But when you have a family and children, you kind of see yourself reflected in them. I want to make the kinds of movies that my kids are proud of. I have higher standards, in a way, for them.”
"Argo" gives formidable hope for Affleck that his career follies are behind him -- it would take more than another "Gigli" to push him out of the winner's circle.  The film, which tells the extraordinary true story of the 1979 CIA rescue of six American hostages in Iran, has put the star back on top. Riveting, comical and uplifting, "Argo" is expected to earn Oscar nominations for such top awards as Best Director and Best Picture. 

1 comment:

  1. I guess I don't really get how a family wouldn't be proud of Good Will Hunting. It brought out issues regarding intelligence, class, and education in a very realistic light. I am not sure what the improvements are here, Mr. Affleck.

    ReplyDelete